Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Day 3 of snap challenge

We shall hope I get better at this as I go along. Breakfast today. . . Marty had toast and milk. . . milk .06 toast .14, smear of butter .05 total .23 breakfast for me -- 2 eggs .11 x 2 = .22 3 spears of asparagus .07 each = .21 handful of chopped spinach approx. .05 total for me .48 I should probably note that I drink water almost exclusively due to my kidney issues. I am not including that in my costs unless I happen to buy bottled water while out, etc. Marty drinks water unless he's drinking milk or we go out to eat. No pictures of lunch - but I had a sandwich and an apple, Marty had 2 sandwiches and a banana. 6 slices of bread, .07 x 6- .42 lunch meat .40 x 3= $1.20, apple .24 banana .14 Total for lunch = $1.98 Dinner tonight -- sheet pan dinner. . . roasted chicken breasts and asparagus. There were 5 huge breasts in the pack I purchased. I cooked all 5 tonight as I get scared of raw chicken if it sits more than a couple days. Tonight we split one breast, the others will go in the freezer for future meals. Tonight Chicken $1.89, asparagus (part of the pack I purchased, still have about 1/2 left) approx. $1.50 a handful of cheese on the chicken .75 - total for dinner = $4.14 Total for the day = $6.83. . . we are allowed approx. $8.40/day.

No comments:

Post a Comment