Monday, October 1, 2018

SNAP challenge day 1

I haven't gone shopping for the challenge yet -- however, I want to get started today. Breakfast for me was 2 eggs scrambled and a stewed apple with cinnamon. eggs were purchased at .42/doz at Aldi's a couple weeks ago apples were $3.49/3 lbs at Aldi's a couple weeks ago So breakfast for me today eggs 7 cents (3.5 cents each) apple approx. 44 cents. 51 cents for the food and a bit more for spray for cooking the eggs and the cinnamon I added to the apple.. . I will round it off at 55 cents for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. No picture for lunch. . .but I had a can of tuna with squort of ranch dressing , some celery sticks and a peaxh yogurt. Tuna .77, yogurt .39, celery approx .15. Ranch dressing approx. .05 or less. Total for my lunch $1.36

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I fail at blogging -- I can't be consistent. Dinner on day 1 was hamburger/cheeseburger, and some steamed carrots. .89 for hamburger, .20 for buns, .33 cents for carrots $1.42 for dinner for me and Marty.

    ReplyDelete