Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 2 of food stamp challenge

I know my photos, will be a bit "off" for most of you. . . I'm working night shifts so my meal times are weird for most of the world. I took a baggie of tortilla chips and some salsa for a snack to work (we eat supper around 4:30 PM before I go to work, and I'm usually feeling hungry around 10 PM) Chips .12, salsa .25
For my "dinner" at around 1 AM, I took some left over tortillini (purchased on sale for $2.89/package)in spaghetti sauce (on sale for .99/jar), and some store bought cookies (on sale with coupon the package was $1.89) $1.29 for my meal. You can see my water bottle in the photo. I fill it every morning when I come home from work, put it in the freezer, then pack it with my lunch. It melts slowly overnight while I work and I sip on it. I also took 2 cans of soda to drink at work ($4.99/case) another .42
total for the food I took to work $2.44 Came home and had one of my usual breakfasts of tea, toast with peanut butter. Tea - .03 for tea bag, .02 for sugar = .05 for the cup, .09 for the toast, and peanut butter .14 (jar of PB $1.89, 14 servings - I measured out 2 TBSP which is slightly more than I usually use)
.28 for my breakfast. Marty had a bowl of cereal with milk for breakfast - .19 for milk, .40 for cereal ($1.99 box, but he has large servings so we figured 2 servings for his bowl) total .59 He packed 2 sandwiches, chips, a banana and 2 sodas for his day today - and a large jug of ice water (his usual meals) .42 for the soda, .20 for bread, .32 for lunch meat $2.89/lb), .12 for sliced cheese (.99/16 slices), .16 for the banana - total for his lunch stuff = $1.13 So far today we have spent $4.44 We have coupons for free honey sesame chicken at Panda Express for supper --

1 comment: