Monday, October 14, 2013

Food Stamp Challenge - Day 14

I hope this post makes sense -- I'm sort of weary, having only a few hours of sleep today. So I packed my work meal last night -- left over baked fish from supper last night (cost was figured into last night's meal, I just couldn't eat it all at the time), carrot/celery sticks - .25, yogurt .33, soda .21 x2 - total for my work food = $1
Breakfast for me was 2 scrambled eggs and tea - eggs .10 tea .05 = .15 Marty had 2 slices toast with butter, and milk - toast/butter .10 milk .35 = .45 Our breakfast total for both = .60
Lunch for Marty was his usual 2 sandwiches, chips, soda, banana - $1.13 I slept through lunch. Supper was teriyaki chicken cooked on the George Foreman grill, and steamed snap peas - chicken breast $1.32/lb we at 1/2 lb -.66, approx .25 of teriyaki glaze and peas on sale .88 bread .08. . tea for me, water for Marty - $1.92
Snack tonight -- we baked a loaf of sour dough bread in the bread machine, after supper -- after it cooked with both had 2 slices with margarine . . .for a snack while watching TV. I had tea with mine, Marty had milk -- bread .28, margarine .02 tea .05, milk .35 total for snack .70
total for the day = $5.35

1 comment: