Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Food Stamp Challenge - Day 9

I had a rough night with lots of leg pain, so I slept late this morning. Marty was already up and had eaten 2 poptarts and a glass of milk. . . his breakfast .85 I had a bagel with cream cheese, and OJ from frozen concentrate .66 for mine - $1.51 for breakfast Lunch was hot dogs (on sale .79/8) bread, garlic noodles (box mix from marked down bin .50) , soda for Marty, tea for me - $1.23 for our lunch Supper - hand cut , chicken strips , steamed California veggies (on sale .88) $3.42 (chicken, ranch dressing, corn flakes and veggies) splash of bottled BBQ sauce for dipping the chicken adds another .15 soda for Marty, tea for me, the girls each split a small soda - $4.16 for supper
Snack - homemade rice crispie treats - marshmallow .89, cereal $1, margarine .18 = $2.07 for the entire pan, we ate spprox. 1/2 or $1.04
Todays total $ 7.94

3 comments:

  1. Denise, you are awesome at this. Keep those ideas and prices coming. Readin daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cara - I"m enjoying figuring out the meal costs and daily costs -- gonna use the savings for a couple trips to Florida :D

    ReplyDelete