Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Final food stamp challenge update

$155.92 for the month -- including the disastrous meal out, and the trip to the river. . . we also bought a huge bag of candy for trick -or-treaters, some things for Marty's mom, and have some foods left to carry over until next month. We were fortunate to have some very good sales this month on various things. . . I know that many could not travel to the city to get the deals - but I work there, and the stores are all on my route home. Generally I also supplement our meals with items that I've home canned. . . and many of our items this month were from our garden, but I figured the costs at the supermarket rates. Our target amount to stay under was $278.90 -so $122.98 left of our amount. Food stamps are being cut for recipients in November - if we were truly getting food stamps, we'd lose another $36 of that amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment