Monday, October 7, 2013

Food Stamp Challenge - day 7

Another not typical day. . . Marty is doing a prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow. No solid food for him today. We had the girls here today too. Breakfast for the girls - milk .36 (they split a cup of milk) and dry cereal (they ate it like candy) .20 - .56 for both of them. I had a glass of tea .05 but skipped breakfast in respect for Marty. Snack for the girls mid-morning - they split an apple .20 and more milk .36 - so another .56 Lunch for the girls and me - 1 box store brand shells and cheese .99 for the box, we ate 3/4 box so .75 (didn't have to add milk or butter, it had the soft cheese packet in it). The girls split a soda .21, and had 2 cookies each .24. I had the shells and cheese and cookies with tea. .05 for tea .12 for cookies. Marty had whipped jello, soda and a cup of broth for lunch - jello .69, broth .10, soda .21 = $1 Supper for Marty will be different flavor jello and more broth and soda - $1 I'm not going to cook - so I'm just having a sandwich, celery sticks and different cookies for supper with tea - sandwich .32, cookies .24, celery .10, tea .05 I will probably make some popcorn for me later .25 Total today $5.45 Here's a picture of Aubrey having her snack
And here's an interesting link I found today - can't wait to get a sale on pork chops to try some of these recipes! http://www.parentingmiracles.net/2013/09/5-fall-meals-from-5-pork-chops/

No comments:

Post a Comment