Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Food Stamp Challenge - day 8

First a recap of week 1 -- our daily totals Tuesday $5.06 Wednesday $ 4.44 Thursday $6.85 Friday $5.95 Saturday $17.39 (this was the day we ate out for lunch) Sunday $6.42 Monday $5.45 Weekly total $51.56 our weekly allotted amount is $62.93 so we had $11.37 left over, even after having the horrible day on Saturday. We are also feeding our two grand daughters on the days they are here, yet not increasing our allotted amount. Over all, I think we had a successful week. Today was Marty's colonoscopy - no breakfast before we left for the hospital at 4:30 AM. I packed a drink and the leftover muffin , with the intent to eat it while he was undergoing his procedure. I was afraid to leave the waiting room though, and didn't want to eat/drink in front of people getting ready for their procedures, so I just kept it in my bag. Marty woke up after his procedure - and they gave him soda and graham crackers. But on the way home he was hungry so he ate the muffin I packed. 10 cents for his breakfast. When we got home - I immediately went to take a nap, so I skipped lunch. Marty's gut wasn't feeling good, so he had a slice of cheese .19 and a soda .33 = 52 cents. I ate a handful of chips when I woke up .09 and tea .05 = .14 Supper was canned soup, sandwiches and some of the left over jello - soup was $1.69/can, sandwiches .22 each, jell0 .69 - Marty drank milk .35 I had tea .05
Today's total = $3.76 for today's total.

No comments:

Post a Comment