Friday, October 11, 2013

Food Stamp Challenge - Day 11

So I'm back to work, on night shifts so my posts are confusing yet again :D I packed my "lunch" or whatever you call a meal at 1:00 AM. I packed salad with diced ham, dressing, crackers. . . a few cookies and a couple sodas plus my frozen water bottle.
Lettuce 0.15, .12 for the meat, .07 for the dressing, .14 for the crackers, .36 for the cookies, and .42 for the soda + $1.26 for my work time foods. Breakfast for Marty was cereal, milk, and OJ = .20, .24, .47 = .91 for his breakfast. I had a yogurt (on sale for .33) and tea = .38 Our breakfast total = $1.29 Marty had lunch with his mom - pork and beans .39, hot dog .40, homemade potato salad .40, tea .05 = $1.24 Supper will be spaghetti, garlic bread, and the rest of the rice crispy squares - spaghetti .50, sauce .50, garlic bread 1.99, rice crispy squares 1.04, soda for Marty, tea for me - total for supper $4.41 Friday's total cost = $8.20 If I'd been better prepared, I could have saved on the garlic bread, by making our own from sliced bread with homemade garlic butter. Oh well. . . we still stayed under our daily amount ($8.99)

1 comment:

  1. Not quite as bad as I first imagined, since we had left over spaghetti, and garlic bread -- still a more expensive day than most.

    ReplyDelete