Friday, October 4, 2013

Food Stamp Challenge - day 4

Last night I made and cooked a batch of sour dough pancakes, so we'd have them this morning. Since the girls were here, I didn't want to me messing with too much cooking.
En Entire batch of 24 pancakes, cost .89 Marty had 4 of them, I had 2, each of the girls had 1. One cup of milk between the girls (each had 4 oz), Marty had 12 oz. I had tea. . . so approx. .78 for breakfast for 4 of us. Marty had his usual 2 sandwiches, chips, banana and 2 sodas for lunch. The girls had leftover tortellini, celery, yogurt and split a soda. I had a braunschweiger sandwich, celery, soda. .56 for my lunch, $1.13 for Marty's lunch, $1.60 for the girls together. Supper tonight is going to be the rest of the sticky chicken, cauliflower, tomato slices - so $1.84 between the two of us. Our total for day 4 = $5.91 We might have a snack later, which will be stove popped popcorn - appox. another .10 - .15 And I just have to share -- here's one reason I didn't take more pictures of food today :)

3 comments:

  1. I've been asked for the sour dough pancake recipe, so here it is:

    Sour Dough Pancakes

    3 eggs well beaten
    1 c. sour dough starter
    ½ c. plus 1 T. oil
    4 T. sugar
    2 c. milk
    3 c. flour
    1 ¼ t. salt
    ¾ t. soda
    4 T. baking powder

    Combine wet ingredients and add ry ingredients. Beat until smooth. Cook on hot griddle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would you take pics of food when you have such lovely little people to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So right Cara -- poor thing fell asleep while reading her "Duck" book. . . it's actually a Veggie Tale book, about sharing, but it has lots of yellow ducks in it.

    ReplyDelete